Thursday, December 6, 2007

flickr.com


handkerchief, originally uploaded by tapioca22.

I had a little trouble at the beginning trying to find photos that other people had uploaded because I didn't have any of my own to upload... but I finally found the "explore" button and was fine from there :)

After a few clicks through "Last 7 Days Interesting", I found this :D

The handkerchief is absolutely gorgeous. I was hit by nostalgia as I haven't used a hanky for the past 15 or so years... back in kindy I had tiny hankies with pictures of Snoopy and Hello Kitty on them so we can wipe our hands after meals...

It's kind of strange that I would associate this image of a hanky with my childhood because in Chinese culture we generally don't use hankies for blowing our noses, preferring tissues instead.
Maybe it also reminded me of my mum's tablecloths because of the embroidery... I used to hide under our dinner table and imagine that it was my little house complete with a kitchen and everything haha.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

True, the hanky seems to be something of the past.